The Ed.S. in School Psychology at Baylor University prepares and qualifies students to function as a school psychologist in a school setting. It offers the unique opportunity to use your background in psychology to make a positive impact on educational success of students in your community. Baylor's Ed.S. degree program (both Waco and Dallas) is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
Please find related data about our program and student outcomes on NASP's website at this link:
Program Annual Report and Student Outcomes
Students are not required to have a psychology major for their bachelor’s degree or to have a master’s degree to be admitted to the program.
Baylor’s School Psychology program:
- Train individuals to be skilled in evidence-based interventions, assessment, consultation, research, and program evaluation
- Work closely with area schools, and local mental health organizations to provide students with outstanding clinical experiences
- Offer training to earn the licensed specialist in school psychology (LSSP) credential in Texas and its equivalent credential in other states
- Provide students opportunities for research and publication with outstanding faculty
- Opportunity to study abroad in Costa Rica